Sunday, April 8, 2012

Fabrication!

It's a Sunday. What better way to spend the day than watching old movies and washing, ironing, and sorting fabric. This all started innocently enough. My mom and dad are retiring at the end of Spring. They have bought themselves a small RV and aptly named it "Our Little Girl." They asked me to sew some blankets for their beds and I am more than happy to oblige. Easier said than done right? Well, I have been needing to go through my fabric for a few years now, and I can't think of a better reason to get going. With the movie Footloose purring softly in the background, I get to work. After a full day of purging, washing, and folding I am left with 12 tidy stacks of inspiration.





The only problem now is that my piles are so darling that I don't want to cut into anything. I'll have to think more on this.

I couldn't leave my ribbon out! I saw a blog sewmanyways.blogspot.com where the author used galvanized spikes ($0.70) from Home Depot to help hold her ribbon. I found some spikes there that were slightly less initimidating for ($0.10) each and I'm considering this as a way to go. Still thinking...


 
After a very indulgent day of organization, I now need to figure out exactly how I am going to create a way to store all of my hard work. I am considering wire baskets in my closet or repurposing the cabinet in my laundry room. None of these options are standing out right now, so, I may have to trek down to the city to check out the local Pottery Barn and Crate and Barrel. Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment